Hello from Newburgh, NY

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community Hello from Newburgh, NY

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mdmc
      Participant

Hello everyone.
      I’ve got some nice pain due to Rheumatoid Arthritis. I’ve been doing a lot to ease the pain.
      I rest
      I hike
      I take my meds
      I practice mindfulness based stress reduction.
      The only thing I’m lacking is a good diet. I am a chocolate addict.
      Please check in and say hello.
      Peace and low stress.

bd
      Participant

welcome mdmc
      It’s great to see you here. Honest that’s nicer than it sounds. I deal with a laundry list of bad things so I’m not here as often as I’d like to be. I’ll try and stop back to check on you or hopefully see you in one of the chat sessions. I also have a few threads on the forums that will give you an I idea of what craziness I’m up to.
      welcome aboard and have a gentle day
      bd
      quack quack

TPC_YaYa

Hello Mdmc,

Welcome to TPC. Sounds like you have a plan of attack in place to beat the pain back and that is fabulous.
      We have a great group of folks here who truly understand this journey we call pain.

We have live hosted chats here on the website every Monday-Wednesday-Friday at 11:00am ET.
      We have an evening chat on Thursday’s at 7:30pm ET.

We also have our Outreach Support Conference calls 4 times a month on Tuesday’s. The time varies each week.
      September’s calls are on the following Tuesday’s.
      September 13: 7:00-8:00 pm ET
      September 20: 1:00-2:00 pm ET
      September 27: 7:00-8:00 pm ET

Call in number: 712-775-7031 Passcode: 491-268-096 and press the # key.

You do not have to register for calls and all calls are open discussion so everyone can share if they like. You can read more about the calls at this link; https://paincommunity.org/tpc-outreach-support-conference-calls/

Take care,

TPC_YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

FredFriend
      Participant

Hello MDMC and welcome to the discussions. Sounds like you have a good plan going. I include DARK chocolate in my pain management toolbox because of the many health benefits. A square or too in the late morning and/or early afternoon is a great way to inject a few moments of pleasure to distract from the pain. It is believed to be a natural anti-inflammatory and to help to keep cholesterol in check.
      http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/10/health/chocolate-health-benefits/

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Mdmc,

Welcome to the TPC family. I will start out admitting that I too have a love of chocolate and my other love is for Mountain Dew. Not a healthy combination but it gets me through the tough pain days.

I live with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis and a few more issues. I totally understand wanting to keep moving to keep the muscles strong. If I slow down moving around due to high pain I totally feel the sluggish muscles and stiffness.

I hope to see ya on the chats and hear you on the phone support calls that TPC YaYa mentioned in her post.

Have a great weekend,

Noki4

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.