Participation in The Pain Community website constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site and participation in general. This includes private messages, which we have the ability to read, but only do so when a violation is reported to us or we have a legitimate reason.
Because of the live nature of the discussions on this community, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a message before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated our User Guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please send a private message to the Webmaster with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a user respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
Our forum is moderated on a daily basis. The moderators and administrators are volunteers. They use the aliases listed on the forum staff page.
The moderators and forum members are not regarded as health professionals. Interpretation of our guidelines is at the discretion of the staff.
The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.
We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all.
You do not have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so. The references you provide for your posts cannot be deleted. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.
- The moderators and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.
- Cross posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
- Advertisements are not allowed. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non profit website, etc. Members are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc.
- Protect your privacy. Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers, doctor/clinic names, etc.
- We try to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere. Please keep this in mind when participating. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline.
- When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the guidelines laid out here. This includes mentioning or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. References or links to inappropriate content will be removed by the moderators without notice.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites will be removed. This includes the posting of information obtained illegally.
- In order to maintain a supportive and positive environment, political and religious discussions are not allowed on this website unless otherwise designated.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. You may quote a small portion of an article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement.
- Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Any discriminatory or hateful posts regarding a person’s gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you.
- Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted.
- The staff has the final say on any disagreements. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. If you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review the situation.
- Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums!
By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc..) whenever it is relevant and possible.
The moderators reserve the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderators reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.
We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice. Users are encouraged to check this page regularly for updates.
Last date of modification: 12/03/2012