I'm new, in need of friendship and hope

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community I'm new, in need of friendship and hope

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      SirenDestiny
      Participant

12 years of chronic pain, and doctors still have no answers. My pain is spreading and I am at my limit. I am in desperate need of support, understanding and friendship. A little about me, I am a stay at home mom, and I have not been able to work in years even though I am only 30. Since it’s hard to walk my hobbies have to be things I can do laying down or sitting. So I am a gamer, and an artist. I love to cook and bake but its getting harder as the years go by. Did cake decorating as a side job for the longest time, and I’ve just recently had to give it all up. It is too much for me. Also had to give up my dream of going back to school and moving to another country. The depression is heavy lately so that’s why I am here. Friends, family and loved ones try to understand but as you all know we cannot get any of them to fully understand. I hope I can find support here and make a few friends along the way. Thank you all for listening to me ramble. lol

TPC_YaYa

Hello SirenDestiny,

Welcome to TPC. We are happy to meet you but sure wish it was under different circumstances. We understand the need for support, compassion and friendship here at TPC.
      It is so important to have family/friends who try to understand but it helps a great deal to have others who are also on a journey with pain.

We would like to invite you to stop by one of our hosted chats. You will meet and make new friends who do understand. Our chats are a great place for support. You are not pressured to share more than you wish to and you are more than welcome to just read along with the conversation. We talk about pain and the many different pain treatments. We also talk about daily life events, our children, grandchildren, food and so much more. We share laughter together and it is a great way to start the day.

The hosted chats are Monday-Wednesday-Friday at 11am eastern time in the chat room. You will find the chat room at the top of this webpage under the “community” tab.
      We hope that you will join us and look forward to seeing you there.

If we can answer any questions please just let us know.

TPC_YaYa

TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Noki4
      Participant

Hi SirenDestiny,

I am happy to meet you. I also live with pain and was young (24 yrs) when I started this journey. I too was a stay at home mom for many years. My children are now adults and two of them have families of their own.
      When I was going through the early years of my pain journey, I had no one to talk to that really could understand. My family was wonderful and supportive but like you said, they really can not fully understand.

Over the years my hobbies have changed to sewing, knitting, scrapbooking. Things I can do while sitting down. I use to love to be outside in my many flower beds, pruning and taking care of the flowers. That hobby I cannot do like I use too but I still enjoy getting outside and doing a little at a time.

I love to meet and make new friends and I would like to offer my friendship, support, compassion and understanding to you. I see that TPC YaYa already mentioned the hosted chats, I love the chats. I love to start my day off with joining all the friends in the chat. We are like a family and we love to bring new folks into our TPC chat family.

Take care,

Noki4

I just read your post and so glad you found us. We have a discussion forum about gaming; you might find some fun sharing your perspective. You will also find some recipes from our Home Cookin blog—I do recall that Janice wrote about tips with baking. We also share favorite recipes on the forums. I bet you have some gems. Please do join the chat group. We so much want to help your spirits lift.

FredFriend
      Participant

Oh, SirenDestiny, it sounds like you are in a big transition phase. I urge you to keep moving forward to find new joy as I have. (I’m in my 50’s now) In my 20’s and 30’s I kept having to give up jobs to find something more compatible with my pain condition(s) and ultimately stopped working in my mid-30’s because my body couldn’t keep up.

At first it was overwhelming to have to grieve the loss of my ability to work (and bring in a paycheck!) while trying to recover from a very serious health issue. Somehow I made it through.

I know I have good days and bad days and I try to focus on the good days. On the good days I’m baking cookies or cooking dinner. On the bad days, my husband organizes something from the shops or possibly some leftovers from the freezer.

I play mostly word games to distract myself from the pain and discomfort that my body imposes. It is so nice sometimes to be able to take my brain’s focus someplace else.

Janice-R
      Participant

SirenDestiny,
      Welcome to TPC. I know you find help, friendship, and support from those of us living with persistent pain . I spent 20+ years as a pain management nurse and they developed persistent pain after brain surgery 6 years ago. It has been a learning experience to say the very least. My husband has his own pain as does my daughter so they are very supportive but trying to explain things to others-well you know all too well how hard it is. The thing I find hardest is I would like to be the “fun grandma” but I just can’t. Mornings are fairly good for me but afternoons aren’t. That goes for other functions as well so I can empathize with giving up your dreams.
      I also used to have a cake decorating business and did all my children’s wedding cakes. That has pretty much gone by the wayside as you know it isn’t very pain friendly. On the other hand you don’t have to give up a love of cooking. A couple of others have mentioned the blog I do on cooking with pain. I try to give a lot of tips on making it easy and coping as well as providing recipes. Check the archives because the last blog was number eleven. I would direct you to the blogs period as there is a lot of information and support. Welcome!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.