Hello All.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      TILTNTURN
      Participant

Just joined this site mainly because its UK rather than the US sites im on .
      Tilt.

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Tiltnturn,

Welcome to the TPC family. I hope you are having a low pain day.

Noki4

TILTNTURN
      Participant

Cheers for that. I was doing away just fine until I decided to service the car. How’s your day been?

Noki4
      Participant

Thank you for asking, my day has been one of increased pain over the last several days. Once my bones get that damp rainy feeling it is hard to get it out again. It is my life so I just keep moving forward a little at a time.

Hope your pain from getting the car serviced eases soon.

Noki4

FredFriend
      Participant

Welcome, Tiltnturn.

The dog in your photo is gorgeous. Animals are such a great comfort. I have found that pets are a great distraction from whatever is going on with my pain issues.

FredFriend

TILTNTURN
      Participant

Digger says thanks Fred but I think he knows fine well he’s a handsome chap lol.

TILTNTURN
      Participant

That’s not so great to read . I know how the dampness and cold can affect the bones and joints having had arthritis for over 30 years. Like you though I try to stay positive which I think lessens the pains. To dwell on it makes it worse.

TPC_ITGirl

Hi Tiltnturn – Welcome! I can certainly relate to the dampness issue. I feel like I’ve been beaten up lately. Bad storms here in Georgia on and off for weeks. Feels like riding a roller coaster.

I like your advice on staying positive – and especially about not dwelling on it. My go-to pain “remedy” is complete distraction. If I can keep my mind occupied and busy every waking minute, I can tune out at least some of the pain and just keep going.

TILTNTURN
      Participant

Hi TPC sorry for late reply . Had my son over for a couople of nights so lots of binge eating and guitar playing and bad singing but it helsp take your mind of the pain , unless its your ears that are hurting because of our singing .
      Ive had pain all my adult life , you dont learn to accept it you learn to try to deal with it , after all its there for a reason , damned if I know what that reason is . Def try if you can to stay busy with something you enjoy to hopefully ease some of the pain s .

TILTNTURN
      Participant

Is that a Beagle Fred ? They do make great companions and always seem to know when we are struggling dont they . I think Digger has helped me a lot over the years even if hes just cuddling in because he knows Im hurting .

TILTNTURN
      Participant

Hows everyone feeling today , whatever time it may be where you all are ? Im in a very sunny Scotland .

DotJones
      Participant

Hi, Tiltnturn, welcome to TPC. I haven’t been on for awhile, but have been feeling the need to reconnect. I have pain in my hands so I can’t always type…

TILTNTURN
      Participant

Ah thats not so good to read DotJ.
      I assume you have arthritis of some sort . Do your fingers tend to cramp up after a wee while? I find that when “trying” to play my guitar , gets fairly annoying at times but in my case gives me an excuse when my guitar playing gtes bad.

DotJones
      Participant

I actually have eczema, and for some reason it affects me only on my fingers, especially fingertips. I’ve taken meds before, but now mostly rely on prescription creams/topical solutions. I manage okay for long periods of time, but I still have ongoing flareups. I’ve had it for a long time and it’s hard to control. Still, I’m happy for the periods of relief between flareups.

TILTNTURN
      Participant

Good positive attitude Dot . I assume your GP has no answers for you ?
      Have you got to watch what you eat because of it ?

Johndalton
      Participant

Glad to have a chat with you here buddy. Welcome to the community. lol!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.