Adhesion Related Disorder (ARD) & Complex Abdomino-Pelvic & Pain Syndrome(CAPPS)

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Adhesion Related Disorder (ARD) & Complex Abdomino-Pelvic & Pain Syndrome(CAPPS)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      TPC_YaYa

A place to discuss ARD and CAPPS.

Adhesion Related Disorder (ARD): is symptoms related to adhesions.
      Adhesions are abnormal and connect organs and tissues that are not normally connected. They are usually made up from scar tissue that is a result from surgeries.

Complex Abdomino-Pelvic and Pain Syndrome (CAPPS): is having the symptoms from ARD and then having overlapping conditions such as chronic pelvic pain (CPP), interstitial cystitis (IC), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), or Endometriosis.

deep
      Participant

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING THIS ISSUE TO LIGHT, I’M A (ARD) AND A ( CAPPS) SUFFER’ER FOR 30 PLUS YEARS NOW, WITH 8 ABDOMINAL SURGERIES UNDER MY BELT, AND JUST TODAY,I WENT FOR ANOTHER TRIGGER INJECTION UNDER SEDATION, FOR NERVE PAIN AND DAMAGE, THESE LONGS YEARS OF SURGERY AND MEDS I CAN’T TAKE, AND INJECTIONS I DON’T REALLY BELIEVE THAT WORK, HAS BROUGHT ME TO SOME VERY DARK PLACES. AND THIS IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME TO BRING THIS ISSUE UP, I HIT A CRISIS POINT A FEW WEEKS BACK AT THAT DOCTOR’S OFFICE, AND A TEAM WAS CALLED IN, I WAS SO SCARED !!! WELL AFTER GOING HOME THAT DAY, I WENT ON THE COMPUTER AND FOUND THAT MY CRISIS COULD OF BEEN AVOIDED IF I WAS AWARE OF WHAT I WAS SUFFERING FROM (ARD) AND (CAPPS) WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN MENTIONED TO ME IN ALL OF THE YEARS OF MY SUFFERING !!! THIS SUBJECT IS TOOOO HUSH HUSH, AND I’M READY TO TALK ABOUT IT. DEE

TPC_YaYa

Hello Deep,

I am so sorry to hear about the crisis you had. It is so important for each of us to find healthcare providers who will search to find out what is causing our pain. Having the right diagnosis means everything because then we can work with our providers to set a plan in place to help ease the pain.

We are happy that you have found The Pain Community and our online chat community. You will never have to feel alone again. You are in a community that will provide you the needed support that we all need when living with pain.

TPC_YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

FredFriend
      Participant

Wow, Dee, that crisis sounds scary. I have endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain and related GI issues.

ARD sounds horrible and far worse than the endometriosis adhesions and scarring that I’ve dealt with that connect/constrict some of my organs.

I’m so happy that you have found TPC where you will be able to speak freely and find support of others who live with pain.
      Welcome.

FredFriend

Noki4
      Participant

This ARD & CAPPS sounds so scary. I am happy to meet you, Deep. I love to make new friends.
      I have a list of pain issues but the one that sounds a little similar is the struggle I have with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). I know the pain that can come with the muscles cramping has made me feel as if I was going to pass-out before. Thankfully my doctor and I found a medication that keeps the pain and cramping at bay for the most part now.

Take care,
      Noki4

deep
      Participant

HELLO, MANY OF US WITH MULTIPLE ADHESION RELATED SURGERIES I THINK ADVENTUALLY WILL SUFFER FROM SOME TYPE OF RELATED DISORDERS. NERVE DAMAGE WITH NERVE PAIN , WEAKNESS IN THE LEGS, SWELLING OF THE BELLY, SORE BOWEL MOVEMENTS. PAINFULL INTERCOURSE , NUMBNESS, PINS AND NEEDLES. PULLING, AND THEN DEPRESSION, ALL OF THESE THINGS SHOULD HAVE A PLAN IN WOMEN WITH HISTORY OF REPEATED ABDOMINAL SURGERIES. CRISIS HITS AT THE END OF ALL LOT OF US SUFFER-ERS. AND ISULATION. AND THATS WHERE CAPPS COMES IN, IT SHOULD OF NEVER GONE THAT FAR. I WAS READY TO JUMP (WELL I TOLD THE DOCTOR I COULD JUST JUMP OFF HIS HOSPITAL) , I F I COULDN’T GET THIS PAIN UNDER CONTROL, AND THERE’S THE CRISIS. BUT NOW I HAVE A TEAM A STARTING A MEDITATION PROGRAM AND PLAN TO MEET BONNIE, I’D LIKE TO STRENGTHEN ANY SUFFER-ER OUT THERE I CAN WHO HAS BEEN IN THE DARK WITH THESE DISORDERS I JUST FOUND OUT MY LONG TERM ISSUES HAVE A NAME. (ARD ) AND (CAPPS)

deep
      Participant

HELLO TO YOU ALSO, THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING. I SUFFER FROM JUST ABOUT THE SAME THING AS YOU BUT THE ENDROM. GENE ISN’T FOUND IN MY RE-OCCURRING ADHESIONS. BUT THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED 8 TIMES NOW. ALONG WITH SOME ORGANS. I’M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CONDITION.. HOW MANY SURGERIES HAVE YOU HAD TO HAVE ? DO YOU SUFFER FROM NERVE DAMAGE IN YOUR BELLY BUTTON AREA? RECTUM ? GROIN ? OVEREY AREAS. BURNING ? PINCHING ? STABBING? SHARP SHOTS? STOMACH LOCK UPS? CRAMPING? DEPRESSION? HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD THIS DISORDER? DEE

deep
      Participant

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THERE

deep
      Participant

HELLO OUT THERE, I WANTED TO GIVE YOU AN UP-DATE ON THE TRIGGER INJECTION I AGREED TO HAVE LAST WEEK IN MY GROIN AREA HAS HELPED ! I WENT UNDER SEDATION, FROM THE FEAR OF THE PAST INJECTIONS FOR MY NERVE DAMAGE CAUSED BY SURGERIES. BUT I’M GLAD I DID IT AND I’M IN LESS PAIN AND BURNING WHEN I SIT NOW. (THANK GOD). I SWORE I WOULD NEVER HAVE ANOTHER TRIGGER POINT INJECTION INTO MY NERVES BUT, I NEEDED HELP !!! AND I’M GLAD I BRAVED IT OUT. NERVE DAMAGE IS SUCH A BIG DEAL IN ALOT OF US, AND IT’S SO HARD TO DEAL WITH….. DON’T YOU AGREE ???????? DEE

Noki4
      Participant

Happy to hear that you are having less pain after the trigger point injection. Hope you had a low pain holiday.

Noki4

deep
      Participant

WELL JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE TRIGGER POINT INJECTION TO STOP THE PELVIC NERVE PAIN DID NOT TAKE AFFECT AFTER ALL. I’M STILL BURNING. IT’S REALLY THE NERVE DAMAGE THAT’S GETTING TO ME ;(

Noki4
      Participant

Dee,

So sorry it failed. I know how hard it is to get our hopes up that a treatment will work and then to have it fail. However, don’t give up…keep searching for treatments and keep coming back here to talk with us and receive support. You are not alone!

Take care,
      Noki4

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.