Reply To: How much does distraction enter into someone recovering

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain How much does distraction enter into someone recovering Reply To: How much does distraction enter into someone recovering

Noki4
Participant

Hello Carolyn,

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter. I feel like most people who live with health issues ask the same question you are asking. I am 55 and have lived with pain for half of my lifetime. I raised three daughters and now have grandchildren. I think for me it was the will to raise my children and now it is the will to live for my grandchildren.

Faith has played a part for me and distraction has played a huge part. I find things I can do and jump in feet first and immerse myself and try to tune the pain out even if just for a little while.

It is a hard life to live with 24/7 pain and it is hard on those around us. They want to help but don’t know how or what to do and then frustration kicks in on everyone.

Please know that I am here to talk with you.

I also have found the support calls that The Pain Community offers every Tuesday to be very helpful.
I will share the info here in case you would like to give the calls a try. The people that are on the calls are so supportive and compassionate.
The next call is July 30th at 7:00pm ET.

My best to you,
Noki

TPC Outreach Support Conference Calls