Useless procedures or lose my medication

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Useless procedures or lose my medication

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alphamale1 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Vicki1001
    Participant

I am sooo glad I found this website and would be very greatful for any suggestions. What can I do? I am a 61 yo female on SSDI. I have severe lumbar spinal stenosis, scoliosis, anterolisthesis, Osteoarthritis, herniated/bulging discs, severe thecal sac compression, spondylosis, and epidural lipomas in my spinal cord. Needless to say, I live with chronic pain. The only thing that allows me some quality of life is the 8mg of Dilaudid the pain management clinic prescribes for me every month. Like all chronic pain patients know it doesn’t relieve the pain but takes enough of the edge off to allow me to do some daily activities. I have been on this dosage, stable and responsible for almost 3 years.

Ever since opioids made national news the clinic has been threatening me and other patients with a reduction in our medication dosage. I have been told verbatim that it has to look like I’m trying other things to relieve my pain and that they’re not just giving me pills. I have tried many other things including physical therapy, the clinic’s “cocktail” spinal injections, spinal epidurals and nerve blocks none of which have worked. Now, once again I am being coerced into procedures that do not work or lose my medication!

And since I won my Social Security Disability case my insurance has changed to Medicare so that aside from the fact none of these works and is extremely painful when administered, physical therapy will now cost me $40 per session and the injections $350 each in co-pays. I simply cannot afford these co-pays but if I don’t they will reduce my medication! I have tried a lesser dosage and was reduced to tears constantly having to stay in bed because of the severe pain. They say Do No Harm. But denying me the medication that allows me some quality of life IS doing harm. My primary care physician won’t touch this issue and trying to find a different pain management doctor results in the same thing because of the federal government. I also do not want to make them mad at me and they refuse to treat me at all. Please help! What can I do?

Michael Steele
    Participant

Yes, I have had severe back pain. I have tried many things to at least ease the pain. Nothing worked. Then a friend asked me to try CBD oil. My friend gave me a link to get some free samples to try out. I clicked the link got the samples and in about a little over an hour I could feel the pain ease away. I believe you can experience similar results. Here is the link given to me

getfreesamples

Click on that link above to get your samples. This stuff really works.

alphamale1
    Participant

Hi Vicki,
    I too have many of the same back issues /surgery you had. I despise Pain Mgt doctors…they treat most of us like we are drug seekers or selling it or whatever. I have been to 3 diff ones in past and it was I who ended their “treatment” of me.
    My regular doc has been supplying me now with my pain meds for quite some time…yet he is feeling the pinch from his superiors and may on next refill say no….I dont know.
    This is a travesty to ALL CHRONIC PATIENTS IN THE USA!….and there are soo many if us…they cannot just throw us away….ER depts would be so overwhelmed if they do shut us down. There is no more Compassion from MANY PAIN TYPE DOCS ANYMORE. We must neve give up, I too what to keep the quality of life I have.

Rick

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.