Treatments only making pain worse…

Home Page Forums Treatment Options for Pain Treatments only making pain worse…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      1fortunateone1
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve had chronic lower back pain with widespread muscle and body pain for over 3 years now. It seems that no matter what treatment or medication I try it only makes my pain worse (more intense). Is this possible? Has it happened to others? Desperate for relief but nothing has helped me. I have seen a list of doctors, physio, chiro…etc… and longer list of med and herbal as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hollie

TPC_YaYa

Hi 1fortunateone1,

Have you received a diagnosis on why you are having the severe back pain? I too suffer with back pain and once I had a diagnosis of why I was having the pain, my healthcare team then searched for the treatments that were better suited for my pain needs.
      I have degenerative joint disease and the disc have deteriorated so I have bone on bone pain. Once we knew what we were dealing with, we were able to put together a pain toolbox of different therapies, medications and such that we hoped would ease the pain to a degree that I could have more daily function.

We found that water therapy was very beneficial in conjunction with medications. The water allows me to do simple exercise such as swinging my leg forward and backward for a set about of times. The water makes the movements easier and it is less stressful on the joints and muscles.

The water also helped to prevent the soreness and stiffness we sometimes must contend with when we exercise.

My best to you and I hope to continue this discussion with you and to offer you support.

Take care,

TPC YaYa

TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

1fortunateone1
      Participant

I recently had steroid injections in my 2 si joints and in 2 facet joints in my lower spine but I am not ok. It increased the pain intensity and also caused my legs to hurt more and cause severe cramping. My sides and abdomin are paining worse and feeling extremely tired now. Just feel like sleeping all the time and very drained of energy.
      It has been 2 weeks since i had the injections so I hope my pain will at least go back to normal pain soon if its not going help. This is getting frustrating way too much now.

I have had no official diagnosis besides doctors tell me i have fibromyalgia cause i have all the symptoms of that as well. Its terrible. And I am willing to do anything at this point to get better.

TPC_YaYa

1fortunateone1,

I somehow missed your reply please accept my apologies. How are you doing now? Has the additional pain eased as you were hoping it would do? I do hope that you have found some relief for the pain.

I also want to invite you to check out the, Outreach Support Conference calls every Tuesday where you can talk to others who are also on a pain journey. You can read more about the calls at, https://paincommunity.org/tpc-outreach-support-conference-calls/

Take care,

TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Carolyn
      Participant

I also have fibromyalgia and a disintegrated back with pain 24/7.
      water therapy, PT, massage ALL make me SO MUCH WORSE. I have a 2 hour routine in the mornings so even get out of bed, use cane to get to chair, sit on ice. I am on minimum narcotics right now. Have tried Lyrica, Cymbalta, Norco, Morphine, Gabapentin, tyenol, CBD oil, Xanax – Depression classes for vizualizations, alone and in combinations and nothing helps. I had such big plans for retirement and now am nearly incompacitated.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.