TENS Unit doesn't help, why?

Home Page Forums Treatment Options for Pain TENS Unit doesn't help, why?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      juffla
      Participant

I tried out a TENS unit (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) because of lower back pain and it didn’t work at all for me, I just thought it was annoying. Why doesn’t it help me? What reasons could there be? I really thought it would work so I could stop taking opioids.

William
      Participant

Which tens units are you using? I think there has any problem with your tens unit. I’m using TENS 7000 2nd Edition Digital Unit and it works well for me.

alphamale1
      Participant

I tried Tens…did not help me. Some people it does not or very little relieve pain….we are all respond different to meds, treatments, etc. Find one that will work for you.

kitty
      Participant

Sadly tens didn’t help me either. Everyone is diff. It sucks.

willwalker
      Participant

I’ve used a couple of TENS units too and they didn’t work. But then my chiropractor recommended me one and seems to really help. Didn’t realize that there are different types of TENS units

crps2010
      Participant

Alphamale1 and Kitty gave great answers. Pain is different for everyone, and does not respond similarly across the board. I have met many others with Chronic pain at different pain clinics across western Canada. You need to discover what helps you the most and rely on that while trying to find other alternatives through trial and error. Tens, mirror therapy, physical therapy, and biofeedback were the traditional treatment options available at most clinics, but there are plenty of other options as well like acupuncture, chiropractors, heat therapy, nerve blocks ect. You need a good pain doctor on your side, they’ll be trying everything on you to find out what works or not.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.