Pain Management Programs

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Pain Management Programs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lizzben
      Participant

Hello, I have recently once again gotten the lovely words “there’s nothing more we can do for you right now” from my doctor recently. Since my pain has an unknown cause, a common treatment option is not currently available for me. I am interested in looking at different pain management programs throughout the U.S. and Canada, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. The main program I have always had recommended to me is the 3 week program at the Mayo Clinic, but I have met an individual who went through the program and she had negative things to say about the program and they way in which they handle pain is not similar in any way to how I have been coping with my pain for the past 8.5 years. I am not looking for a completely new coping mechanism; I am looking for pain management programs that are preferably only a few days long (I am a graduate student so I don’t have much free time) and programs that provide a variety of suggestions on how to manage pain, but do not require me to change my current coping mechanisms.

TPC_YaYa

Hi Lizzben,

It was nice chatting with you in the chat on Wednesday. I understand way you are as I have been told many times that same thing, “sorry we can’t help you with the pain”.

I have been lucky that my family doctor continues to help me with options for pain relief. I have tried a couple of the pain management programs offered by one of our local hospitals. Have you checked with your local hospitals and/or local rehab places?
      I went through a really good one years ago at our local rehab place. I do believe that it was a two week program and I went 3 days for two weeks for a couple hours.
      They helped me learn mediation, deep breathing and even how to fall to minimize injury.

I am sorry but that is all the help I can be. I do hope others see this message and can offer you more suggestions.

Take care,

TPC_YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Alpha Mode
      Participant

Electric massagers are effective solutions to pains in all parts of our body. Just as there massages for all parts of the body, they are massages that are also designed specifically to deal with back pain.
      just in case you’re looking to check one out, you can read through this review that talks about the 16 best back massagers you can buy online for pain relief.
      hope it helps.

TPC_YaYa

Hello Alpha Mode,

Thank you for sharing the link. Have you tried any of the back massagers mentioned in the article? If so we would love to hear your review of how well it worked.

We would also like to invite you to join us for the Outreach Support Conference calls every Tuesday where you can talk to others who are also on a pain journey. You can read more about the calls at, https://paincommunity.org/tpc-outreach-support-conference-calls/

Take care,

TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.