New here!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ger Bloom
      Participant

Hello.Just found this community last night.I have osteoarthritis,mainly in my hips.I had a left hip replacement earlier this year and I am now waiting for the right one to be done,although I haven’t been given a date for the operation.
      My pain was more or less under control,using tramadol and Diflene,but had to come off the anti-inflammatories as they were affecting my kidneys.Since then,my pain levels have been high,despite hefty doses of Palexia.My doctor has suggested that our next move is to try morphine,and I am really worried about using it
      I wonder if any of you have any experience of using morphine.How did it make you feel?Was it effective as pain relief?
      Looking forward to meeting you all.
      Ger

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Ger Bloom

It is nice to meet you. I am unable to answer your question personally about Morphine as a daily pain management. However I wanted to welcome you, The Pain Community. The only time I have taken morphine is when I broke my arm. It did help the pain. I hope some others who be able to answer your question more in-depth.

Take care,

Noki4

Ger Bloom
      Participant

Hi Noki4.Thanks for your reply.My doctor has put me back on Diflene and Tramadol,with regular blood tests to monitor my kidney function. I’m happy with that,as my pain levels are under control now.
      Hope you’re keeping well.
      Ger

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Ger,

I am happy to hear that you are back on the medication that you feel comfortable with and your pain levels are under control.

Take care,
      Noki

Johndalton
      Participant

Glad to hear about that you are okey so far. Welcome back to the community dude.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.