Neuromuscular Neck Pain

Home Page Forums Specific Disorders Neuromuscular Neck Pain

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brucestevens
      Participant

Neuromuscular Neck Pain is a crippling life limiting difficult problem to resolve. The absolute worst thing a person can do is opioid medication. At first the medication can give some relief, then after a short while the increased pain your feeling is coming from the medication. After many years the medication work less and there is nowhere to turn. Surgery is most cases is the 2nd worst choice and only gives temporary relief. Surgery does work for about 10% of a specific type of neck problem. However there are ways to resolve some of these neck problems.

If you have helped your neck in any way or have found things that give you relief, please share them with us.

TPC_YaYa

Hi Brucestevens,

It can be a never-ending journey when we are searching for ways to relieve the pain. Have you tried some of the complementary and alternative approaches?

We want to invite you to join us for the Outreach Support Conference calls every Tuesday where you can talk to others who are also on a pain journey. You can read more about the calls at, https://paincommunity.org/tpc-outreach-support-conference-calls/

Take care,

TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Carolyn Noel
      Participant

If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the last 16 years is that everyone is different. I know many people who benefit from opioids for their pain and others for whom it helps very little or not at all. Same goes for surgery and every other treatment out there that I’ve tried.

I’ve met very few people who could name just one cause or type of pain. Chronic pain is a complex disease and needs complex treatment.

The best advice I can give is to not give up and be open to trying different treatments (not sure I’d include surgery in the list as I don’t know many who have been helped once the pain was chronic) — even trying something that didn’t work before.

An example is that early in my journey, my pain was so out of control that when I tried massage it didn’t help. Years later, it’s the thing that got me out of my wheelchair and walking again — but — it wasn’t the only thing that I did. I combined it with other things that helped until I found the right balance that worked for me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.