I am so overwhelmed with pain please help me!

Home Page Forums Specific Disorders Back Pain I am so overwhelmed with pain please help me!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      skypanther
      Participant

I fractured my spinal cord in 8 vertebrae’s,have had surgeries and can now walk but with pain. This happened 10 years ago in a auto accident. I also have RSD,CRPS,migraines from head injury. Three years ago I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and Enderine Cancer,had major surgery and several courses of triple dose chemotherapy. The cancers are behaving but the side effects almost killed me 3 times. I now have horrible bone pain in every bone of my body. This is on top of all the joint and muscle pain from my previous back injury. I have great doctors they give narcotics to help the pain, they do really help but wear off to soon and I have to wait till I can take more and I suffer. I also have too much on my plate, I take care of my mom to keep her out of a nursing home. She is in better health then me, but she just doesn’t want to move around and makes her very weak and not very agreeable. I am hiring a CNA to come in the mornings to help her because I just cannot do it anymore. I try to eat healthy and swim to help myself,move around as much as I can,but I do not know what else to do so I can deal with the pain physically and mentally. Anyone have any suggestions?

TPC_YaYa

Hi Skypanther,

I am sorry to hear all that you have going on. I hope you were able to hire the CNA to help you with your Mother. Living with pain and being the soul caregiver for a loved one is extremely hard. I am not a medical professional so I cannot give medical advice but I can make the suggestion that you speak to your doctor and let them know that the medications are not covering your pain needs. Sometimes we find that our medications need to be adjusted or changed as our pain care needs change.

I would like to invite you to check out our support calls that we have every Tuesday. It is a great way to talk to others and hear the voices on the other end of the line. Our next call is Tuesday, January 29th at 7pm ET. Here is a link with the info and the call schedule. https://paincommunity.org/tpc-outreach-support-conference-calls/

Take care,

TPC YaYa

TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.