Having Trouble Coping

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Having Trouble Coping

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      olivia927
      Participant

Hi everyone. It is coming up on a year since I hurt my back (my body had previously worked, though I’ve always been disabled by mental health conditions). This injury was only supposed to be temporary, but my progress has stalled, and no treatment is working. I don’t know at this point if it will ever get better. I have also had mystery nausea every day since May despite stopping all NSAIDS. So between my being Creecrazy, being in pain, and being nauseous, I am miserable, exhausted, and just so done. I can barely function. I’m trying to get through the end of my bachelor’s degree but I keep needing to drop courses, I recently missed a conference I was supposed to be co-presenting at, and I’ve quit multiple jobs. My life just feels like one hard thing after another and it’s been really difficult, so I would love to hear suggestions on how to cope with all of this.

dreemsnake
      Participant

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I’m probably not much help. Are you having any dizziness with the nausea and how long ago did you stop NSAIDS? Are you able to eat anything and if so, does that help the nausea? Are you taking anything for pain now? Is any doctor helping you with any of this?

Just little things that help me manage are doing things that make you feel less stressed even if you just watch TV and do nothing. I know that you are under a lot of stress from not being able to work or go to school but you can’t force your body to do something it just can’t. Are there classes or work you can do from home? I would talk to the doc about nausea too because I have zofran for mine when it gets bad. When mine is just really annoying I learned to bite my little finger…just stick it in your mouth and bite down in the middle of the nail. I don’t remember who taught me this but it works.

Stay in touch. Hang in there. I think most of us have been where you are. I was at the top of my game at work when all of my stuff hit and 1.5 years later, I had to go on disability…and I am a type A workaholic and still am. So it’s hard but you do the best you can.

olivia927
      Participant

Thanks so much for your response and suggestions.
      I don’t think I’m any dizzier than I usually am from low blood pressure. I stopped taking NSAIDS daily back in May, but I’ve taken them a handful of times since, when I absolutely need to. I can eat liquids and crackers, sometimes a sandwich on a good day. It usually helps when I can manage it. I’m currently just taking cbd oil, gabapentin, and Tylenol for the pain and my pain clinic has basically given up on me because nothing else has worked so I’m just left to suffer. I’m essentially seeing my GP, and various physical therapies when I have the money for it. My GP put me on an acid reducer which has barely helped, but I don’t know why she hasn’t tried literally anything else. I do feel pretty abandoned by the medical system at this point, to be honest.

TPC_YaYa

olivia927,

So sorry to hear all that is going on. One of the key things we suggest is using distraction, like Dreemsnake mentioned by watching television. NSAIDS are known to cause stomach issues and while I am not a medical professional maybe asking your GP for a consult with a stomach doctor is the way to go.

We wish you the best and will be here to support you in whatever ways we can.

If you are interested we have hosted chats 3 times a week here on the website and a support conference call every Tuesday. Our next call is January 8th at 7pm ET, 6pm CT, 5pm MT and 4pm PT. The calls are free as long as you have long distance coverage. You can read more about them here: https://paincommunity.org/tpc-outreach-support-conference-calls/

Take care,
      TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Hamonfire
      Participant

Olivia, Does the CBD oil help? There are various ‘strengths’ available. Your back pain.. is it something a good chiropractor could help with?

Another low cost but effective alternative might be DSMO. It is not well known but it works as a topical application and is a strong anti-inflammatory. Plus it is not a drug NSAID or opioid, etc. It is a natural product non-toxic in a liquid form. No known side effects exception is temporary itch and a mild garlic smell. It is good for fast and deep penetrating relief of pain. No addiction has been associated with it either.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.