dying of a toothache

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain dying of a toothache

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      confused_me
      Participant

Hey folks, this is the very first post in this forum. I frequently visit to read, so please help to get valuable info.I’m going through an orthodontics treatment since last week. I haven’t had any severe defect with my teeth, but there was a small projection with my upper front teeth. I had the braces put on. Edited By Admin In Accordance to TPC Guidelines This was my decision to go for this, as my mom and dad were satisfied with my previous smile, they are even afraid that the treatment going to change my natural facial features. So I’m unable to share my present thought with them. What bothers me now is a pain! I mean a toothache taking my breath away, killing me really!! It is only been 3 days, but I can’t live through this pain. I consulted my doc and he said it is very common and I will be ok after days pass. I talked to my friend who had braces before, they too were like the doc, they are teasing me like it is very common. I’m disappointed with the pain, I couldn’t even smile due to this pain. Guys, how long will this pain stay?? please share your thoughts! What kind of food can I consume now? – please don’t come up with stereotype answers like juice and soft foods!!
      Hope you understand my current situation and would reply ASAP. Also, give me tips for anger management while you are suffering from a toothache? will sound funny, but I don’t what’s happening to me all these days.
      Thanks!

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Confused Me,

I have never had braces but one of my children did. When she first had the braces put on, she did have some pain and discomfort. I was told when I consulted her dentist that it was normal and that the pain would ease off after a few days. She was told she could use over the counter pain relievers as needed (please consult your dentist before using any over the counter medications).

She did not eat a lot for the first couple days, she mainly used cold drinks, milkshakes and ice cream seemed to help give her some relief.

I was told that if the pain did not ease off after a week then I was to contact the dentist again. She did still have some pain and discomfort and so I took her back 5 days after the braces had been placed and they found one of the placements was not just right and that it was causing pressure on one of her teeth and that was the cause of the toothache.
      You could talk to your dentist and see if this could be a possible cause if the pain does not ease.

I think it is normal to be a little upset and angry when we have something done that is to better our lives and then we experience pain. I can only share what I have used for my own times of anger and that was to breathe through the anger and to allow myself to meditate a few minutes and allow the moment of anger to pass.

I hope this will be helpful for you and that your pain eases very soon for you.

Take care,
      Noki4

confused_me
      Participant

@Noki4. you sound like my mom! Yeah..your post and tone itself is a relief. But I’m little afraid if there is some error happened in placing my braces. Anyway, I’ve already consulted my dentist and having med now. He said it will be a little stressful than other treatments as it is a 6 month braces treatment. After reading this I have decided to consult my doc once again. You sound sweet. Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.