Reply To: Cluster Migraines

Home Page Forums Specific Disorders Migraines/Headaches Cluster Migraines Reply To: Cluster Migraines

Noki4
Participant

Hi Opa,

I was sent to a neurologist years ago and he did a scan of my head. At first he ask if I had a history of mini-strokes as there were some areas’ that showed white spots, which can be an indicator of mini-strokes. Once my daughter who is an RN and myself assured him that there was no history, he then explained that these white areas’ can in fact be due to the cluster migraines.
His treatment was to insert a needle with medication in the back of my head where the neck starts. I was not the least bit interested in having a procedure like that done.

He advised me to try the different over the counter medications for headaches and if they become severe enough he would be happy to precede with the needle thing. I tried several and the one that I found that really worked to relieve the headaches and it worked fast was, Tylenol Rapid Release Gels 500mgs, if I immediately take the medication when I first feel the migraine starting and I lay down quietly, it usually will knock the pain back completely or enough that I can continue on with my day.

I still get the cluster migraines and sometimes will have repeated headaches 4 or 5 times a day but thankfully they seem to be slowing down a bit.

I do hope you find relief soon,

take care,
Noki4