Reply To: Spinal Injuries, neuropathy and a new issue

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Spinal Injuries, neuropathy and a new issue Reply To: Spinal Injuries, neuropathy and a new issue


Hi Not2424,

I am so sorry to hear of your increased pain. Have you seen an orthopedic or a neurologist doctor?

I have a very progressive form of degenerative joint disease and have had my disc’s deteriorate, so I am bone on bone. I have seen both the orthopedic and neurologist doctors and they have been helpful with idea’s of dealing with my pain.

A neurologist treats disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves, pain related to back injuries, compression fractures and neuropathic pain in feet. An orthopedic specialist is trained in diagnosis , treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders, injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system of the body. The musculoskeletal system includes bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves and tendons.

I do understand the anger, we all go through that and some of us are able to hold the angry pain person in check for the most part. However dealing with increased pain sometimes it just pops out, don’t beat yourself up because of that.

Talking to others who understand can make a big difference, it gives us an outlet to say exactly what we are feeling and dealing with. The Pain Community has a pain support call every Tuesday. The time varies each week.
Here is the link,

The next call is on, Sept. 25th at 7:00pm ET, 6:00pm CT, 5:00pm MT and 4:00pm PT. It is a small group and there is never any judgement, it is a safe and friendly place to talk to others who understand.

I hope I have been a little helpful.

Take care,