Reply To: Hi, I am new

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community Hi, I am new Reply To: Hi, I am new

Noki4
Participant

Hi Guit30, it is nice to meet you. I understand a life of back pain, I have lived half of my life time with back pain (25 years). I have Degenerative joint disease, sciatica, neuropathy, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sjogren’s syndrome, spinal stenosis and more.

In 2016 the CDC came out with Guidelines for Prescribing Opioids due to the opioid epedemic of overdoses. Since then pharmacies have implemented new rules saying that they will not fill a prescription over a certain milligram without talking to the doctor that issues the prescription. Some pharmacists are taking it a step further and trying to talk doctors into lowing the dose of the medication and if that does not happen then they are refusing to fill the prescriptions.
In the end it is up to your doctor to decide what dosage of medication you are on. You may find that you will have to change pharmacies if the one you are using now continues to refuse the prescriptions from your doctor.

Best of luck,
Noki4