Where are all the caregivers? Come Talk With Me.

Home Page Forums Caregivers Where are all the caregivers? Come Talk With Me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      pipboy
      Participant

I know you are out there, the caregivers who are supporting those we love who live with pain.
      It is a hard job, it is frustrating, heartbreaking and so much more wrapped up in a ball.
      One thing I have learned over the last 20+ years is that we the caregivers also need support.

Come talk with me. TPC has given us a safe, secure and judgement free place to support each other.

Rock on!
      Pipboy

Tasha
      Participant

Hello.
      I am a caregiver for my Down stairs neighbor. I have known her for only a year.
      I need help, I am at my wits end. I don’t know what/how to help her. I have no patents with her. She screams at the top of her lungs at all hours, Night and Day. We get kicked out of hospitals on a regular bases. Her family is no longer involved with her.

I dont know what to do any more.

Tasha

pipboy
      Participant

Tasha,

I am sorry to hear that this person’s family is not there to help you. Being a caregiver is a very hard job. Many people do not realize just how hard it can be. We as the caregivers want nothing more than to help our loved ones or friends to live a life of quality.

Depending on what the diagnosis is for your friend/neighbor there may be local support for them as well as you, in your area. You mention that she yells loudly at all hours and has been kicked out of hospitals, have you spoken to her healthcare providers about this behavior? You obviously care for this person and are worried about her and I would hope that her healthcare providers can see that and will help you find some answers to the issues you are having with her.

Being a caregiver myself, I have from time to time lost my patience with my loved one. It isn’t that we don’t want to care for them, it just can be very frustrating when we as the caregivers have tried many different approaches and none of them work.

Please know that you are not alone.
      Pipboy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.