What Next?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      JosephR56
      Participant

I’m 67 years old and I had a very bad car accident back on 1/25/2000. I tore and broke bones and ligaments on my right side. From my c-spine down to my right ankle. After a year of physical therapy my pain level went down to tolerable. After about 5 years my pain level began to rise. So I started seeing Pain Management. I continue to see them.

My question is:
      My pain medication is not working anymore. I take 3 30mg Morphine Sulfate tabs daily and 1 Soma (which does nothing) at night. I started with Vicodin and changed meds 3 times to what I’m currently using. What would be the next medication to help me? Of course I’m going to ask my PM doctor, but I thought I could get a heads up here.

TPC_YaYa

Hi JosephR56,

I am sorry you are not getting pain relief. I am not a medical professional so I am unable to name or recommend any medications. You could speak to your provider about the difference between short-acting and long-acting medications.

Long-acting medications are made to release the medications over a longer period of time and many pain patients find that they cover the pain better.

I would like to also let you know about our phone support call.
      It is every Tuesday at 7:00 pm ET
      Call in number: 267-807-9601 Passcode: 491-268-096 and press the # key.

The TPC Outreach Support Conference calls are FREE, but please check your long distance calling plan to see if any standard long distance rates apply.

I do hope you are able to work with your provider to find the right pain treatments.

My best to you,

TPC_YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

JosephR56
      Participant

Thank you so much for the advice. I’m so fed up with being in pain! It controls my whole life!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.