VA taking away opiates from veterans

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TPC_Opa 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

TPC_Opa

I am curious if any other veteran has had opiates taken away from them. Were you tapered off or was it more drastic? If you have, what other treatment options are they offering you? I ask these questions because the VA will start my tapering off of morphine for the next 6 months. I saw my PCP last month and he didn’t have a clue as to what the VA will do for pain. I brought up the IMPACT program and he then remembered that he had undergone some training in that and had accupuncture done several times a week and it helped him with his back pain. But what they will do with me is still an unknown issue. I am planning on contacting the Patient Advocate to see if they can find out anything for me. I will write about my journey in hopes that some of my fellow vets will find something they can use that will help them out. Good luck.

Semper Fi!

TPC_Opa

TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.