Total Knee Replacement

Home Page Forums Specific Disorders Total Knee Replacement

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      marinesargeant
      Participant

Morning all! This is my first day post surgery. The staff just made their rounds and gave me my directives. Usually they have you up on your feet day of surgery. I of course have to be different and was pretty well out of it due to unforseen difficulties. So day 2 and all they want me to do is tighten my thigh muscle to build strength during commercials. Not sure when I will have a full regimen of pt. They will be taking me off the pump later today and putting me on oxycodone.

marinesargeant
      Participant

I have been on my feet using a walker and a few more physical torture moves. My pain med went empty during lunch and it took a while to get a nurse in here. She is checking on what they will be doing for pain control. Has been over an hour since I have had anything for pain control. Really starting to feel it. My new roommate has checked in to have his right leg amputated. Hope things go well for him.

marinesargeant
      Participant

day 3 & I woke up this morning with screaming pain. They gave me Tylenol with hydrocodone. It didn’t even touch the pain so they gave me an injection a few minutes ago and that is taking the edge off the pain. I hope it will put me out of pain soon. Should be doing more pt later. Still not sure when they will let me out of here.

Janice-R
      Participant

Marinesargeant please, please write a letter to the facility addressed to the floor manager, the vice-president of nursing, and the CEO and tell them of your negative pain experience. We (in pain management) KNOW poorly treated post-operative pain can become chronic post operative pain. There is a cascading effect as well; when your pain is too severe you cannot perform in physical therapy as well as if your pain was low. I hope things have improved. Also I will mention just because these nurses aren’t too knowledgeable about pain and pain management, I hope they are doing a bowel program as well; an ounce of prevention.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.