Talking with someone suffering from chronic pain

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Talking with someone suffering from chronic pain

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mochi
      Participant

Hi,
      I am new to dealing with a person with a serious chronic pain condition (trigeminal neuralgia) and I want to connect with them, but I don’t even know how to talk to them. I don’t even know what to ask during the day beyond how are you because I know they’re in great pain. What would be some things that would be helpful for them to hear, some useful things I could do or talk about, or ask them, related to their condition (besides treating them like any other person without a condition which is helpful)?

Timfox
      Participant

Hello,
      It a great thing you are doing to spend time to speak to people dealing with chronic pain.
      Trigeminal neuralgia is a severe chronic condition. It can be treated but not completely cured, Medical diagnosis are required. I would suggest you to motivate them to be mentally and emotionally strong which will help them to cope up with such kind of pain. You can suggest them on nutritional food that can help to minimize their pain. I hope this would help them.

Regards,
      Tim

dalevel47
      Participant

It is really sad. You can take help from mypureform.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.