I’m new here, hoping to connect

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community I’m new here, hoping to connect

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kerian
      Participant

Hello. I just found this community and am looking to connect with others who have chronic pain. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia/central sensitivity, as well as chronic migraines, and have had a car accident with whiplash injury as well as two lower back injuries. I have been in pain since the 2004 car accident, but over the last 10 years since having babies and many surgeries, it has been a 24-7 constant problem. It has been very isolating for me, I used to be social and active and involved in my community, but now I am most often alone and feel very lonely. My husband can only provide so much support and is as sick of it as I am, I have very few close friends whom I don’t see often and don’t want to burden, and I do not have a supportive family. I am lacking a support system as well as people to truly connect with. I feel like this is the missing piece to finding some acceptance and peace with chronic pain. I look forward to hopefully making connections here. Thanks.

TPC_YaYa

Hi Kerian,

It is nice to meet you, I do wish it was under different circumstances. It is a hard journey with pain. Trying to remain social is difficult even on our best days. You are so right about how your husband can only offer so much support. It is hard on our spouses/partners too. They may not feel the pain we do but they live with it, just like we do.
      I would personally like to invite you to try out, The Pain Community Support calls, every Tuesday at 7pm ET.
      It is a great place to get the support, acceptance and peace you are looking for. You will never feel judged or that you don’t belong. We are a small group with a lot of compassion and empathy and support. I will include the link to the part of our website where you can read more about the calls and will also include the call-in info in this post.

If you would like to talk to the host of the calls, one on one to learn more about the calls, you can reach out to her at; outreach@paincommunity.org and she will get in touch with you.

How and when to participate in the calls:

Call in number: 267-807-9601 Passcode: 491-268-096 and press the # key.

When: Every Tuesday: 7:00 pm ET

The TPC Outreach Support Conference calls are FREE, but please check your long distance calling plan to see if any standard long distance rates apply.

TPC Outreach Support Conference Calls – 2023

Take care,

TPC_YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.