Hi everyone, I’m new

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community Hi everyone, I’m new

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      mandyw
      Participant

My situation is pretty complex, but I’ll try not to ramble too much.
      I had cancer when I was a baby, and I had radiation treatment in my pelvic/abdominal area – which is where I have chronic pain now. It did a lot of serious damage to my body, and I have a lot of health problems. From my understanding,the pain is caused by a number of things – scar tissue, inflammation, nerve damage – which makes it difficult to treat.
      I’m 22 now, and my pain has been debilitating since I was a teen. And it’s just gotten worse over the years. Now I can’t work, and I’m on disability. And nobody understands what I’m going through, it’s really iscolating.
      I have seen so many doctors, and tried so many treatments. Now my pain is better managed due to medications. But I don’t like being dependent on them, and they have bad side effects like making me really tired all the time.

I’m glad that I found this forum and FB group, and that there’s people who understand what I’m going through. I’d love to chat and make friends:) I hope everyone is having a good day

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.