Chronic Pain Survey

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Chronic Pain Survey

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      MegaBen

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/megaben and complete the survey. It’s 20 questions long, completely unanimous, and easy to complete. It is designed to see how well people’s chronic pain is being managed, and if they’ve been treated unfairly by other people, both medical and lay persons. I am in grad school to become a nursing teacher, and conducting a survey is one of the requirements for my classes. This subject is close to my heart. I’ve been suffering from nonstop chronic pain since July 2013. I want to help make a positive difference in other people’s lives. Please complete the survey as soon as you can.

petmom1
      Participant

Megan,

You forgot to add a space for non-drug treatments, such as ice, heat, exercise, etc. Most of us, use meds along with other techniques.

Please avoid using the term “narcotic” as that is a law enforcement term that includes both licit and illicit substances. Opioids, opiates or opioid pain relievers are the more appropriate medical terms. We, in the pain field, have been working for over 2 decades to correct this terminology. I know as a future pain educator, you want to get this one right.

Thanks for posting the survey!! Please share your results.

MegaBen

Thank you so much for letting me know! I changed all the wording on the survey so it doesn’t say narcotic anymore. I’ll be sure to express the importance of that to my students 🙂

Janice-R
      Participant

Thank you for thinking to do a survey on this important topic. It was a little difficult for me as I am a pain management nurse and have directed my pain plan pretty much (my doctor had confidence in me prior to developing persistent pain). It was already noted about the absence of non-pharmacological interventions which many of us use and are an important part of our pain plan. The last question was awkward because I have never had my dose decreased so I don’t know what would happen to my activity level-I am sure it would plummet because my constant pain level would fall into my breakthrough level (which can be horrendous). Four questions I would love to have seen on the survey are 1) what is your primary pain syndrome? There are so many; “chronic pain” is not just one 2) Has your provider ever asked you if you can afford a treatment/medication-this is a huge issue for many, 3) Do providers other than the one managing your pain, give you grief/problems with either believing in your pain or its treatment, 4) If you have been hospitalized for any reason, has your pain plan been maintained as best as possible? You may have noticed my use of provider-we need to remember it may not be a physician but an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant who is your pain person. Again it is great you are addressing this.

MegaBen

In future surveys I will be sure to include other treatment options like ice and heat. Thanks for suggesting additional questions. Someday I want to do a lot of research about chronic pain. For my class this survey could only have 20 questions unfortunately. When I’m a teacher though the sky will be the limit!

Hamonfire
      Participant

Here is yet another quiz titled:

When it comes to physical pain, what’s your single biggest challenge you’ve been struggling with? It covers a number of different questions.

https://go.bucketsurveys.com/ds/4350980f\

Georgina Wagner
      Participant

NYC hope to help patients avoid the risk of chronic pain or at least reduce the severity of illness with pain management therapies. Avail Interventional pain injections with advanced diagnostic guidance

Georgina Wagner
      Participant

Pain management in New York is effectively helping thousands of people every year. Primary care physicians, neurologists, orthopedists, and other healthcare providers gradually rely on pain management plans for their patients.

emalk
      Participant

I am very upset from having to live with pain! I have osteoporosis and arthritis in my back and just had surgery for a compressed disk. I was given a prescription when I left the hospital, but that’s it. My primary care doctor will not give me any form of opiate, even though I have tried everything else and keep a heating pad in my chair.

I am 74 years old, and I should not have to live with these bouts of pain with no relief. I understand about the limitations now put on doctors for prescribing opiates, but aren’t they intelligent enough to recognize when a patient really needs this pain reliever? I even went to a pain clinic and got nowhere.

Is it fair for me to have to go through this suffering when there is a drug that could help?
      I have no idea where to turn!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.