Chest Pain due to sleep apnea

Home Page Forums Specific Disorders Chest Pain due to sleep apnea

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alfred Scott
      Participant

My dad was suffering from chest pain for several months. He was facing a lot of troubles during his sleep. He was unable to breathe properly. When he tries to breathe in, during his sleep, he was feeling a pain in his chest. So we decided to take him for an overall medical check-up. We booked an appointment with the doctor in a nearby hospital and took him there the next day. The doctor examined him thoroughly. When the check-up got over, the doctor told us that he is suffering from sleep apnea condition. He advised my dad to wear a cpap mask while sleeping. So we bought it for him, and he started wearing it. There was a good improvement in his condition after several days, and he was able to get rid of his troubles. We were also very thankful to the doctor for suggesting the right solution for my dad. Is there anyone who has used a cpap mask before for your breathing issues? Do tell us your experience too.

david scheff
      Participant

My father had similar issues but it was because of the blocks he had in his arteries. I’ve read somewhere CPAP masks can cause pneumonia for sleep apnea sufferers. If the mask is not maintained well there are chances for bronchitis as well. Pls do get a second opinion.

Alfred Scott
      Participant

Thanks David

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.