Reply To: mumblings of a hermit

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain mumblings of a hermit Reply To: mumblings of a hermit

bd
Participant

Drifting
I spend much if my time “drifting”. With no control over what my body will allow me to do at any given time I’ve fallen into a pattern of drifting through the day. I get up in the morning and deal with what’s in front of me. Ms. Kitty gets fed first. She wouldn’t let me forget that for long. Then it’s updating my logbook with the daily weather and battery stats while I make coffee and breakfast. That’s where I can start to drift. I lose the “timeline” for the day and “drift” into what ever is in front of me. Sometimes that’s more entries in the log. I may get into a project or a video. The goal is to make it to the end of the day and later through the night.
Drifting makes it easier to escape what my body has planned for the day. It’s a good thing when I can loose myself in a book for a day. It’s frustrating when that means I missed chat or something else equally important to me. I don’t waste energy feeling bad. I’m more thankful I was able to be distracted.
For some the idea of drifting may sound like depression. I can assure you that is not the case with me. I continue to take care of myself and be creative. I am constantly amazed at the good I find in each day; and am blessed with friends and family.
I do think of you all even when I’m lost in space.
for now take care of each other and have a gentle day
quack quack
bd