Reply To: The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True Reply To: The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True

bd
Participant

For a long time I have wanted to share more of my world. I have also been encouraged by others here. One of the hurdles is the way I view myself. I’m just a painiac trying to get through the day like everybody else. Even the title to this thread is misleading. Sure living on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico sounds great. Admittedly I’m glad to have made it. I don’t have to cut wood to keep warm. I don’t have to work in the garden to feed myself over the winter. I don’t have to mow the lawn. When I think of the things I had to do to make it day to day I’m glad I’m here. I got “lucky” with the boat, the place, and the people here and in Alabama. And I’m thankful every day.

The misleading part of the title is that it’s a dream come true. The reality is that I’m trying to make the best of a nightmare. If my dream were to come true I’d be healthy and working! This is just the next step in the journey. The house in North Carolina was another step. It was a magical place that taught me a lot. I had time to stop and really look at the changes that were happening to me. It would have been nice to be able to stay there.
I have been a painiac for over thirty years. There is a laundry list of issues many of which contribute to a slow degeneration. As time goes on I will be able to do less and less. There’s nothing I can do about it. I don’t have energy to waste being mad or depressed about it. The only way is forward. It’s been an incredible journey. One that I’m not through with yet. I’ve got a morbid curiosity. What could possibly go wrong next. Seriously though, it’s by accepting the course of things and trying to find a path that keeps the magic of the journey alive.
When I told my son that I wanted to move aboard a boat 2 years ago he asked “What if it doesn’t work?”. The real question is what happens when it no longer works. I have no illusions. I’m only here for a while. I have no idea of what the time frame is just as I had no idea that I’d only live in North Carolina for 6 years. If I manage to stay aboard for 6 years that would be great. I intend to enjoy myself as much as I can. I also hope that when this no longer works I’ll be able to plan the next step down and have it be as magical.
As I said before I got started on all that, I want to find a way to share more of my world and thoughts. I need input from you. What do you want to know or see? More pictures of Ms. Kitty? More world less thoughts?
I would like to thank my sister Noki for helping me get this started and for her encouragement and time posting the pictures.
Have a gentle day and take care of each other
bd