Reply To: The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True Reply To: The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True

bd
Participant

The anchorage last week was great. There was an osprey nest in the mast of a sunken boat. We got to watch the babies learn to fly. There were also a lot of dolphins around including a mother with a fairly new born baby. We got there Tuesday morning and returned Friday morning. We chose to travel in the early mornings when the wind was calm. My concern was getting away from and back into the dock so having calm winds was important. It turns out that I didn’t have to worry. With no wind it was easy with just a little juggling to make it.
Yesterday Ms. Kitty learned she can swim. I was lying down in the cockpit when I heard her cry then a splash. When I spotted her she was swimming towards a piling on the dock. She managed to start climbing and would have made it but I grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and pulled her onto the dock. When we’re away from the dock I’ll hang a towel for her to climb.
Having company aboard was exhausting. I’m still sleeping a lot to regain my energy. Even Ms. Kitty was glad to have the boat to ourselves at the end of the week.
Ms. Kitty is settling in and has started getting off the boat. Not only is she exploring the dock she has checked out all the empty boats and some that are not empty. She has chosen an abandoned power boat several slips down as her domain. In the afternoons she’ll go there to nap, though I have noticed that she’s more content to stay home now that we’re alone.
I’ve paid my rent here through June 1st. The plan is to go to Alabama after Memorial Day to register the boat. That is the last bit of paperwork to do. There is a huge list of things to buy and repair before I set out. My dock mates are trying to convince me to stay. Personally I think they just want me to stay and cook. I bought shrimp from a processing plant down the road Saturday and marinated them with dried spices from my garden before grilling them for every-one. I’m not sure what to do so I’m just taking it one day at a time. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and confused when I’m this tired. Fortunately I know the warning signs and for now am able to adjust my schedule accordingly.