Reply To: Remodeling our homes and other big projects while living with pain.

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Remodeling our homes and other big projects while living with pain. Reply To: Remodeling our homes and other big projects while living with pain.

bd
Participant

Great job petmom! Now if warm weather would only arrive.
With the sale of my house I’ve moved on to boats and a whole new set of potential problems lurking. Time for more videos to remind me of all the things I’ve forgotten. One thing I’ve found is people tend to discount my claims of pain because of the work they see me doing. What they don’t see is what happens when I’m out of sight. The nights of whole body muscle spasms the fling me about the room. Fortunately I see that as their problem not mine.
I shouldn’t be, but I’m constantly amazed by the ignorance and miss-information being spread. I once had a doctor tell me that I couldn’t possibly be in as much pain as I claimed. His reasoning “if you are in that much pain you would be on medication. you aren’t so you can’t hurt that badly” What would his reaction be if I asked him for meds?
Push ahead when you can, lay back and recoup when you can’t. Ignore the ignorance and agendas others may have.