Reply To: Remodeling our homes and other big projects while living with pain.

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Remodeling our homes and other big projects while living with pain. Reply To: Remodeling our homes and other big projects while living with pain.

bd
Participant

I’ll try and answer in shorter posts and I’ll try even harder to not ramble.
First, I’m a workaholic that can’t. Ms. Kitty is the only one to complain and she’s pretty easy to ignore or at least out vote.
You need to have reasonable expectations. There WILL be setbacks both health and technical. The weekend job will take 6 months. So what? We do the best we can and the heck with the rest. We set the timetable. It’s important to give yourself credit for things done even if we don’t get to finish them. My mother complained that after 30 years of marriage the only time the house was finished was just before it was sold.
The how is easy for me. I started building and remodeling when the only jobs I could do were sweep sawdust and sort nails. Saturday mornings were spent with my grandfather marking house lots with screwdrivers and 200″ tape measures.
Fortunately there is the internet and thousands of “how to” videos. Remember don’t trust the first one you watch. If it sounds funky it probably is. Watch a bunch! Also every house was built with it’s own weirdness. That’s why it will take 6 months for that week end job. Go slow Rip things out enough to learn what might be lurking then sit back and watch a new bunch of videos.