Reply To: Hi, I'm Terri/Seeking Advice

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community Hi, I'm Terri/Seeking Advice Reply To: Hi, I'm Terri/Seeking Advice

TPC_YaYa

Hi Terri,

We do understand the impact that chronic pain has on our mental health. Chronic pain isn’t just the pain — it is also how the pain impacts our whole lives and how it limits us from interacting with family & friends and the world in general.

We found this to be such a huge problem and concern for people living with pain that we started offering support calls every Tuesday. We hope the calls will help to fill a void in a persons life who lives with pain.
So many of us find ourselves confined to our homes only leaving to go to health care appointments or to purchase groceries. The support calls allow people to interact with others who understand the journey of pain. The calls are about having a connection to others — to be able to hear other people’s voices and the emotions in those voices.

We wanted people to have a safe and non-judgmental place to get and give support from the comfort of their own homes. The calls are open discussions so everyone on the calls can be a part of the conversation. We also want people to feel comfortable so if at first they would prefer to call in and just listen to the calls that is absolutely okay with us.

We strive to make the calls feel like old friends getting together to talk. There is never a time that anyone has to worry about feeling pressured to share or to share more than they are comfortable sharing.

The hostess on the calls also lives with pain and enjoys talking to others and making new friends. She will also do one on one calls with anyone who would like to talk about the calls before joining one of them. All you have to do if you would like a one on one call is to email, outreach@paincommunity.org and let her know that you would like a one on one call.

Here is the link so you can read more about the calls and see the schedule for the calls. Our next call will be on Tuesday, May 22nd at 7:00pm ET, 6:00pm CT, 5:00pm MT and 4:00pm PT.

TPC Outreach Support Conference Calls

Take care,

TPC YaYa
TPC Community Moderator

“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”