Reply To: The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True Reply To: The Log Book of Lonoh – A Dream Come True

bd
Participant

I’m still working and trying to find words and images to show people what life with pain looks like. This is a piece I wrote a while ago. It has been a long time since I’ve been brave enough to venture out into a crowd.
Friday night and we’re off to a local club to listen to live music. You hurt, but you always hurt. The band is good, the dance floor is lively. The place is jumpin! You’re in luck and find a “safe” table. With a cold beer in front of you everything is great. Oh! You can’t forget, you hurt. On your quest to find a safe table you’ve been bumped how many times? How many of those happy people then turned and patting you on the back apologized? Now you’re really sore. But! The band is good and the place is jumpin. You’ve got a “safe” table and a cold beer. Enjoy it! The trip to the bathroom is another whole experience! You get home and you had a good time. The band was good and the place was jumpin.
Pain is isolating. The body’s immediate natural reaction is to withdraw.