Reply To: mumblings of a hermit

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain mumblings of a hermit Reply To: mumblings of a hermit

TPC_YaYa

Bd,

As I was reading over the last two entries I could hear my brain saying stop…wait a minute…I want to stay in canyon country for a little while. The wonderful descriptions you gave about the rabbit run and the dry river beds instantly took my brain to those places.

There are days here in my pain world where my brain wanders off down a warm sunny beach. I can hear the waves hitting the beach, the rush of the water, the swish of the sand being pushed inland and then being pulled back out to sea. My brain knows what I need at this point better than I do. It knows I need to escape the pain that is over-running my entire body and threatens to take me to the dark places once again.

It is amazing how just one vivid description or a picture or a sound can transport us to a place where we can manage the ups and downs of the pain.

Take care,
TPC YaYa
TPC Community Moderator
“The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”