Pain: It is Not What You Think – or is it? A 262 page manual including up-to-date information and original work on chronic pain:
- Myths and misconceptions about chronic pain clients
- The Six Psychosocial Stages
- Developing a treatment plan
- Coping skills and strategies in handout form for clients
- Mindfulness and chronic pain
- Co-occuring conditions, depression and trauma
- Special complementary and alternative treatments
- Pain Connection group therapy model
Written by Gwenn Herman and Mary French, health professionals with over 55 years of combined experience who also live with chronic pain themselves. Gwenn is the Founder and Executive Director of Pain Connection-Chronic Pain Outreach Center, Inc., a non-profit organization that helps chronic pain sufferers, their families and trains health care professionals, and Mary is the President of Pain Connection. “..an excellent resource for medical professionals and patients alike.” Dr. Gary Kaplan, Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine.
|Order on Amazon
|Herman, G, French, M.