Ms. Kitty's World

Home Page Forums General Discussions on Pain Ms. Kitty's World

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      bd
      Participant

Hi my name is Ms. Kitty. I live with bd. So there is no confusion, I’m a cat! That’s why bd is posting this for me.
      I came to live with bd six or seven years ago. Before that I had a hard time in the woods near Uncle Ernie’s house. As a result my feelings for bd are biased. In all honesty I have to say this the poor fellow would be lost without me. I’m in charge and keep track of the “to do” lists. Sometimes bd looses the list and things get goofed up but that’s ok.
      I want to use this space to show dock life from my level hopefully with lots of pics.
      Meow
      Ms. Kitty

TPC_YaYa

Hello Ms Kitty,

It is a pleasure to meet you. We will look forward to reading more about your life with Bd and your adventures aboard the Lonoh and on the dock.

TPC Yaya

TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Ms. Kitty,

To help start Ms. Kitty’s world off…I hope you don’t mind that I am sharing one of your photo’s aboard the Lonoh that Bd sent to me.
      I look forward to seeing many more pictures of your adventures.

Noki4

Ms. Kitty

bd
      Participant

Noki:
      Thank you for posting my picture. It was very thoughtful of you. I wish bd had sent you a more flattering pic. How he got me with my tounge stuck out I have no idea. Sometimes I think he has no sense at all. You can’t imagine the indignities he puts me through. The other night the water was almost over the dock. When bd got off the boat I followed him to be sure he was all right. It was a huge jump down but I didn’t care I wanted to be with bd. When he was ready to get back aboard he picked me up and tossed (yes that’s right I said tossed!) me back on the boat. Talk about embarrassing! To be fair he was even less graceful when he tried to climb aboard.
      Santa brought me a new red bug for Christmas. It comes out to play in the morning. Bd sits down to have his coffee and fill in the log book for the day and then the bug comes out to play. Most days I have to tell bd to let the bug out.
      Meow
      Ms. Kitty

Noki4
      Participant

I have been thinking about you and Bd with all the rain and storms that have been tossing around lately. I am so happy that Bd has you to look after him. Don’t worry about the picture and your tongue sticking out, I think you look beautiful in any pose. I cannot wait to hear more about the red bug Santa brought you, that sounds like fun.

Noki4

bd
      Participant

It’s been cold here but bd finally turned on the heat. Until now he has depended on me to curl up with him to keep him warm. The electric heater is nice. This morning it was 35 outside but the cabin was almost comfy at 73. I asked bd to try and get a picture of my new red bug so I can share. He is slow and technically challenged but I’ll keep encouraging him.
      meow
      Ms. Kitty

Noki4
      Participant

Glad to hear you and Bd are staying warm on the cold days and nights.

Noki4

FredFriend
      Participant

Wow! Miss Kitty, you really are a great help for BD. I hope he understands and appreciates all of your hard work. You have very beautiful colors in your fur. It would be lovely to see more photos of you and your favorite spots on the boat.

bd
      Participant

RAINBOWS!! The rainbows must have followed the red bug from N. Carolina. I’m so excited to see them again. They come in the afternoon and dance all around the cabin; so many it’s hard to keep track of them all.
      The other cats on the dock are starting to understand that “Lonoh” is MY boat. Still I have to be on guard all the time or we’ll be invaded. The dogs stay off the boat but I have to be careful when I’m on the dock. There’s a black one called Smokey that always chases me, though I’m faster. Personally I think she should be banned from the dock or at least kept on a leash. Unfortunately I’m just a cat and no-one listens to me.
      Monday night I was out keeping watch when I missed my footing. It may be Florida and the Gulf of Mexico but at midnight that water is COLD! I climbed back aboard and went below to wake bd so he could dry me off. When he had done all he could I laid down near the heater to warm up and finish drying off.
      My favorite times are sunny afternoons. Bd and I stretch out in the warm cockpit and nap. I usually sleep on his chest to keep him safe. Sometimes he tells me I’m “to heavy” and pushes me off. Can you imagine such an insult? To heavy indeed!
      meow
      Ms. Kitty

TPC_YaYa

Ms. Kitty,

Do be careful when you are keeping watch. That first step is wet one. I know that Bd worries about you slipping off in to the water. You are so smart to wake up Bd so he could help you dry off.

Make sure you stay a couple steps ahead of that dog that chases you.

Take care,

TPC YaYa

TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Noki4
      Participant

Ms. Kitty,

I gasped when I read that you had a mis-step and went in to the water again. I am so happy that you are so smart and know how to get out of the water and back to BD so he can help you dry off.

Take care
      Noki4

bd
      Participant

&

IcRuthie
      Participant

Ms. Kitty I am so glad to hear you are keeping BD in line. You well know you are lucky he has a great sense of humor. He does try to make life fun.

Imagine what life would be if you lived up north. They are expecting 18″ of snow. Now you get to live where the snow doesn’t fly and balmy breezes fluff the fur on your face.

Sadie says hello. She keeps me busy and loves to wake me at night to let her outside. I think she must meet someone around 4 am because that is when she yips at me to open the door to the backyard.

Looking forward to more of your adventure.

IcRuthie
      Participant

Ms kitty I wanted you to know that i did ask to come along to meet you. To say I was mad is an understatement. I heard my owner brag that she got to pet you. The fur around my collar stood up when I heard that happened. Not that I could do that myself…I do have paws. But it was the thought that made me boil with anger.

I do love to swim so boating life would be a dream come true. So I am jealous. Heard you have friends next door.

I do ok with my cousin cats down the street. The cousin dogs, especially Minion who rooms with the two cousin cats loves to visit. We are in love. Even though he is a tiny chiquaqua we do rub noses and sometimes kiss.

Again I barked at them to take me along so the fault is theirs not mine. Heard you have a great pad. Enjoy
      Sadie

bd
      Participant

FINALLY bd got his computer fixed. I told him not to mess with it but he didn’t listen. Oh well he’s old and befuddled so I let things slide. The shrimp boats have been going out again. The little boat across from us has been cleaning their last catch at the dock early in the morning. They pull out the shrimp and throw the “junk” small fish overboard. Normally the seagulls would fight the pelicans for their share. Lately the dolphins have been following the boat in. Bd and I sit on the fore-deck and watch them over morning coffee. The other day there were at least 12 of them the birds didn’t get any fish. Ha ha stupid birds.
      After a year aboard I too have settled in. I like bd being here all the time. I had more room in N. Carolina but bd spent to much time out of the house. Now he’s aboard most of the time.
      meow
      Ms. kitty

bd
      Participant

Uncle Ernie has left. I don’t like it when he comes to visit. Bd doesn’t spend as much time with me and he smokes cigarettes. But he’s gone and things are starting to settle down. Bd says there won’t be any more visitors for a while.
      For now I’m glad the cold weather has left. I like sitting in the sun on top of the bimini. From up there I can watch the dock and am ready to repel boarders when needed.
      Meow
      Ms. Kitty

Noki4
      Participant

Thank you Ms. Kitty…..I needed some laughter in my life today.

Noki4

bd
      Participant

CATS!!!
      they’re everywhere!
      Bd has been taking care of the neighbors cats while they were away. I tried to register my complaints by peeing in their litterbox. Now even though their humans are back the cats think they can just come aboard the Lonoh any time they want. There are to many of them and they are everywhere! They’ve even started coming below. At least they haven’t touched any of my stuff.
      They can come aboard if they want. I’ll be grumpy but bd tells me they’re just lonely and looking for attention. I also know that I’m the one that bd snuggles with when it’s cold or he’s sore.
      meow
      Ms. Kitty

TPC_YaYa

Awww Ms. Kitty we know you are a sweetie underneath the grumpy exterior. You are so kind to let them come aboard to visit from time to time.

TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

bd
      Participant

It’s official. Bd has lost it!
      He told me the other day that I had to be careful, tat there were birds that would eat me if they got a chance. Everybody knows that CATS eat birds! It’s not the other way around. Facts are facts. Cats eat birds. Now some birds eat worms and some eat fish but still cats eat birds. Still bd insists that the birds called eagles that now fish here would eat me if they had a chance. I’m a grown cat and don’t believe in monster stories!
      I think he’s just trying to scare me. I have been going ashore more. Bd doesn’t know it but I’ve made friends with the neighborhood cats. Sampson and I go prowling when bd isn’t looking.
      Meow
      Ms. Kitty

TPC_YaYa

Ms. Kitty,

We understand that you are a big girl and can take care of yourself. Even so Bd is going to worry about you. We all worry about you so please do be careful when you are out roaming the docks of the bay.

TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

bd
      Participant

Don’t tell bd but I’ve secretly made friends with the neighbor’s cats. I follow Sampson ashore though he still gets ahead of me and I lose track of him. His sister Delilah is a goof. She doesn’t see well and is more cautious. She comes to see bd for short visits. Scorch comes and plunks himself down to visit. We’re not buddies but we don’t fight. The other evening we were all on the dock soaking the last of the sun before it disappeared.
      meow
      Ms. Kitty

bd
      Participant

I’m sorry I’ve been away. I have been after bd to post for me but somehow it never gets done. It’s OK. He does the best he can and always makes sure I have a safe place to live well mostly safe.
      We had a BIG storm last weekend. Rain and thunder showers started on Friday. The wind picked and by Saturday had pushed a lot of water into the bayou. It was a long jump to the dock when I had to go ashore to use the giant litterbox at the end of the dock and an even longer on back aboard.
      Sunday morning several people called to see if we were ok. Bd said it was no big deal just some showers and a little wind. There had been storms west of us. Around noon bd’s phone buzzed it said there was a tornado comin to kill us at any second and we should hide for the next several hours. Bd told me we were safe and after checking to make sure everything was secure topsides we hunkered down in the cabin. The wind and rain came in sidewise. the power went out. The jib on a boat at the end of the dock worked an edge loose and beat itself to ribbons. I sat in bd’s lap and he watched a movie till things quieted down a little. When the rain stopped bd sat in the cockpit and visited with Jessee and his BIG dog Louis. The water was up to the decking on the dock. There was no way I was getting off the boat.
      After a bit the power came on then about 8:30 the power to our boat went of. Bd went to reset the breaker but before he got there it started to pour and he came back soaked without resetting the power. He was wet and no power meant no heat so he went to bed and watched another movie. The boat was still bouncing around so I curled up with bd. Then after the lights were out it happened. The dark and the bouncing finally got to me. I got seasick. It was terrible. And no throwing up did not make me feel any better! Bd got up and cleaned things up. He was up and down all night anyway. He even watched a video at 3 o’clock in the morning.
      I always felt safe. I knew bd would protect me. I just wish the boat hadn’t bounced for so long.
      for now the dock is quiet and the water is on the outside of the boat so all is well in my world
      meow
      Ms. Kitty

TPC_YaYa

Well we are very happy that you and Bd made it through the storms.
      You take good care of each other.

TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

IcRuthie
      Participant

I heard through the grapevine that MS. Kitty has a new home. I heard she has other cats around but we all know no one can top her charm. She is top cat!

How is Ms. Kitty doing?

Glad that she is away from the storm. I don’t think cats and rain work well together.

TPC_YaYa

We look forward to seeing photos of Ms. Kitty enjoying her new adventures with BD in their new home on dry land.

TPC YaYa
      TPC Community Moderator

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.