Walking Shoes

Home Page Forums Specific Disorders Arthritis Pain Walking Shoes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      petmom1
      Participant

Anyone found a great walking shoe for arthritis of the foot, ankle and or knee? I have New Balance and just added Dr. Scholl’s inserts for arthritis which has helped. I performed a search online and thought I might ask for the wisdom of experience. Anyone tried Vionic Rhythm Walker with Orthoheel technology? It carries Dr. Weil’s name–so I tend to think they have a positive reputation. I also heard that Skechers have worked for some pain veterans. Impressions please?

FredFriend
      Participant

I have had great success with Happy Feet insoles in Saucony Omni 13 shoes. These shoes come in a narrow size that, when combined with the Happy Feet insoles make for an 99% perfect fit to my super skinny feet.

With such narrow feet, it is difficult to find shoes that fit and do not increase foot pain or discomfort. I look forward to the vionics feedback and hope that with good feedback there will be an expansion of widths available in the future.

I have two pairs and alternate them each day. This means that the shoes last a bit longer AND my feet don’t develop hot spots unique to each shoe.

Noki4
      Participant

I am one of those pain veterans that love, love, love the Skechers D’Lites. I use to buy my tennis shoes from discount stores and hardly ever paid over $15.00 dollars for a pair.

Several years ago when I started having trouble with my feet due to rheumatoid arthritis I went on a hunt for a better shoe. I would put both shoes on and walk around and around the shoe isle so I could get an idea of how the shoes fit. Some of them after taking just a couple steps I would know was out of the question. Others would feel good and I would buy them only to be disappointed after wearing them a couple times.

My husband wears a casual business shoe for work and he found that Skechers were very comfortable. He would purchase them from Sears, that was the only local store that stocked them. We were there one day to buy him new shoes and he suggested that I try on some of Skechers tennis shoes.

When I tried them on it was like the shoe was made just for me. I put both of the shoes on and walked around and around the shoe section. The young lady working the shoe department more than likely thought I was crazy.
      The D’Lites are slip on’s so that was a huge plus, no bending. I really liked the shoes but I was reluctant due to the cost.

After going back and forth with my husband, I gave in and bought my first pair. I am very happy that he talked me in to buying them that day. They are now the only tennis shoes that I will wear.

Noki4

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.