Former Wallflower Looking for New Friends

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community Former Wallflower Looking for New Friends

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Stevie
      Participant

Hello! I’m new to the community, and vow to change my m.o. from wallflower to participant. Kind of scary, I must admit. I’ve been dealing with chronic pain that began with Lupus 22 years ago, advanced to Fibromyalgia six years later, and is now complicated by adrenal insufficiency and hypopituitarism, in addition to back pain (fusion of L4-L5 in 2009), an MRI tomorrow to look at problems from L1-L2, knee surgery in 2012, and a pending left hip replacement (it was scheduled for this last February, but I had insurance complications.) Now at 56, I have pain pretty much everywhere, am on opiates and other pain therapies, but don’t have real relief. I have to admit that I’ve been feeling pretty melancholy lately, pondering the fact that life seems like it’s over already, even though I haven’t even really had a chance to live. I’ll be going to Southern California for my youngest daughter’s graduation in four days (I am pretty nervous about the trip…but I’ve done it a couple of times since she has been in school there, and I know I can, I know I can, I know I can….) So if I don’t come back on line, it doesn’t necessarily mean I’m in wallflower mode. 🙂 I’d love to be part of a little online support group, and would like to find a group of friends to provide mutual support in a daily walking habit. Currently, I’m pretty much a stay-at-home, often in bed, surrounded by my four furry friends (two yellow labs and two beautiful kitties.) I know I need to get out, but I’ve not been successful as of yet. So there you have it…a little introduction of sorts. I look forward to making some new friends here.

Be well,
      Stevie

TPC_YaYa

Hi Stevie,

It is nice to meet you. We are so happy you have joined us here at TPC. We would like to invite you to check out our live hosted chats here at TPC. The chats are Monday-Wednesday-Friday at 11:00am Eastern Time. The chats are a wonderful community of people who are looking for support and friendship.
      You will meet new friends who truly understand the journey of living with chronic pain.

We also have the discussion forums where you can read and respond to topics or start a new topic.

Congratulations on your daughter’s graduation. We hope that your trip was with low pain and lots of happy memories.

TPC YaYa
      The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.

TPC_YaYa

Hi Stevie,

We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip.

As you may know the main Pain Topics website has closed, but the blog is still up and you can find it at, http://updates.pain-topics.org/.
      Dr. Leavitt will continue to update the blog periodically.

Dr. Leavitt chose The Pain Community to keep the wonderful Pain Topic resources available.
      We have started by adding the PDF resources from Pain Topics and you can find them on our Resource page. It is an on-going process to continue adding more resources that were formerly on Pain Topics here on the TPC website. Please check back often and help spread the word that Pain Topic resources can be found here at TPC.

We currently have around 424 people registered for forums and chats and around 750 registered for the newsletter.

I have posted this reply here under your personal status update and have also posted on the discussion forums where you first made your introduction post on the “Welcome to The Pain Community” forum.
      We can continue to communicate at the location you chose or both locations.

We do understand that the hosted chats are early on the West Coast. We do hope that you will be able to join us when you can.

TPC YaYa

The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.

petmom1
      Participant

Welcome Stevie,

How was your visit with your daughter? I hope there was a pre-Father’s Day celebration, California style. Did you learn any new traveling tips along the way?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.