A community that understands

Home Page Forums Welcome to The Pain Community A community that understands

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Noki4
      Participant

I am so happy to find this community. Even though I have family that care and try to understand, it can at times feel as if I am alone on this journey of pain. It is wonderful to know that I can come here and chat with others who I know truly understand.

Janice-R
      Participant

I feel that way as well.  As a professional pain person as well as a person with pain it became evident when I developed my pain syndrome (persistant post crainotomy pain) that there was so much as a professional I did not understand or know [about having pain]. I look foward to sharing  (as well as  learning) with others who are traveling a similar road.

marirlpn
      Participant

I am thrilled to find a community for the chronic pain patient.  I hope to see this site grow and grow!  I just read that you shared the AMA’s letter about PROP with Pain-Topics.org.  I have rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative disc disease and failed back surgery syndrome.  In other words, I hurt 24/7.  Looking forward to sharing my story.

Noki4
      Participant

It is nice to meet you Janice-R and Marirlpn, I look forward to hearing more of your journey and sharing mine.

Chubby

Suffering with pain related to MS. Nerve damage that has been fixed with surgery, its ongoing. I am so happy to have found this place also.

jangy
      Participant

hi all

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Jangy, It is so nice to hear from you. Look forward to chatting with you here on the discussion boards and in the chat room. Take care

TPC_YaYa

Having support is so important and sometimes even when you have loving, caring, supportive families it is nice to talk to others who understand exactly what a life with pain is all about. I look forward to sharing and meeting new people here. The most important thing we must always remember, We Are Not Alone!

dana702
      Participant

Hi I am a 48 year old male who suffers daily with chronic pain specifically lower back pain and right hip pain from AVN. I had surgery in 2006 for my back but the awful sciatica started again shortly after surgery and has gotten progressively worse.

I now have a new problem AVN or Avascular Necrosis basically my right hip socket is rotted out or should I say the cushion is which results in severe bone on bone pain which makes my life insufferable and I find it daily more difficult to even get out of bed.

So,needless to say I was grateful to discover this site. I would appreciate any comments or feedback regarding my condition.

petmom1
        Participant

Good to see you on the forum. I hurt just reading your post. I have back and foot pain, but nothing like what you must be feeling.

Have you thought about joining us during chat? Many who participate can help you with more support and suggestions from their life experiences. There are guys as well as gals (as my Texas friends would say). We would love to see you there—any M, W, F from 11am-12pm ET. In the near future, we plan to offer them more frequently and with special topics.

Welcome to our pain community!

Noki4
      Participant

Hi Dana702,

It is nice to meet you, but I wish it were under different circumstances. I have bone on bone pain due to the discs in my back and neck have deteriorated. I have progressive degenerative joint disease. It started in my early 20’s so now at 51, I am bone on bone, no discs left. I also deal with sciatica and a few other’s.

I am glad you found The Pain Community (TPC) it is a great place with lots of support, compassion and a wonderful place to make new friends who truly understand a journey of pain.
      I look forward to getting to know you.

Take care,
      Noki4

TPC_YaYa

Hello Dana702,

Welcome to The Pain Community forums. I see that Petmom1 mentioned that we have live hosted chats three times a week. The forums are a wonderful place to talk to others who do truly understand what living with pain is all about. You meet new folks and make new friends.

The hosted chats are like talking to someone on the phone the only difference is that you are chatting online in a secure chat room. You get to talk to folks in real time and it is a great place for support but it is fun also. In chats we talk about everything from our pain to what our favorite foods are. It is a place where you can be yourself and never worry about being judged.

I do hope you will give one of the chats a try. I know that you will not be disappointed.

Monday – Wednesday – Friday at 11:00am eastern time in the chat room right here on the website. The chat room can be found under the “community tab” at the top of the page.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.

TPC_YaYa

TPC Community Moderator
      “The views or opinion(s) contained herein do not necessarily represent those of The Pain Community.”

Noki4
      Participant

Dana702,

If you get the chance please do check out the hosted chats. It is a great way to start the day. Friends, support, compassion, laughter and so much more. I feel lost if I miss a chat. We share our journey’s with pain and we share life’s little ups and downs. You are never pressured to share more than you are comfortable with. Hope to see you there one day.

Take care,

Noki4

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.